1/2 Photos of Key Lime Ice
Barb Gertz's Note:
This frozen treat features the sweet-tart flavor of a Key Lime pie-but with a fraction of the calories. It's festive scooped into hollowed-out lime or lemon halves; freeze until ready to serve.Cook time is freezing time. To make ahead: the ice will keep, covered, in the freezer for up to 2 days. Let soften in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour before serving.The recipe comes from EatingWell.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, lime zest and lime juice in a heatproof bowl; Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- 2Cover and refrigerate until chilled ,1 hour or overnight.
- 3Add yogurt to the lime mixture and whisk till smooth; pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactures directions( or freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until frozen; break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth).
- 4Serve immediately or transfer to a container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; serve in chilled dishes.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Ice
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: