Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
I loved this ham. I made it with half the sugar, and I loved it, loved it, loved it. Best ham yet. Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury Christmas 2010.
- 6 -7 lbs ham
- 1 cup water
Glaze and Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- Heat oven to 325.
- If shallow roasting pan does not have rack, line with heavy-duty foil. ( skipped this step, and it turned out fine).
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in pan or in foil-lined pan.
- Score ham diagonally at 1 inch intervals, cutting 1/4 inch deep. Score in opposite direction to form diamond shapes. Pour water into pan.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix glaze ingredients.
- Pour half of mixture into 1 quart saucepan. Set aside for sauce.
- Remove ham from oven. Insert meat thermometer so bulb reaches center of thickest part of ham, but does not rest in fat or on bone.
- Brush ham with some of glaze in bowl.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 140, brushing frequently with pan drippings and remaining glaze in bowl.
- Let ham stand in pan 15 minutes, spooning pan drippings frequently over top.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved sauce in saucepan over low heat.
- Serve warm with ham.