Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
A twist on the classic Key Lime Pie - the fudge adds a little richness (plus chocolate). The prep time includes the chilling time until the pie is done; you should add on several hours chilling after the pie is done before you serve it.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin.
- Combine the yolks and milk and add to the sugar mixture.
- Cook until thickened and bubbling (~3-5minutes).
- Add the butter and lime juice.
- Cover and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out crust and place over bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat the fudge and pour into the crust; spread over bottom and sprinkle with nuts.
- Chill crust until fudge is cool.
- Stir the sour cream into the lime mixture and chill until the mixture will form mounds, then spread over the fudge.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar and use to top the pie.
- Chill before serving.