Recipe by ChrisMc
A twist on the classic Key Lime Pie - the fudge adds a little richness (plus chocolate). The prep time includes the chilling time until the pie is done; you should add on several hours chilling after the pie is done before you serve it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 envelope unsweetened gelatin
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fudge sauce
- 1 pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin.
- Combine the yolks and milk and add to the sugar mixture.
- Cook until thickened and bubbling (~3-5minutes).
- Add the butter and lime juice.
- Cover and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out crust and place over bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat the fudge and pour into the crust; spread over bottom and sprinkle with nuts.
- Chill crust until fudge is cool.
- Stir the sour cream into the lime mixture and chill until the mixture will form mounds, then spread over the fudge.
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar and use to top the pie.
- Chill before serving.