Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I haven't tried this yet but it is on the menu for Christmas. From Southern Living's Christmas at Home.
Top Review by Springer Mom
I made this over the weekend and served it with graham cracker sticks. I don't know if using the "double strength" key lime juice did it but it was really too sweet and had a odd smell about it - too limey. It tasted okay but I'll have to figure out a way to cut down on the sweet/limey taste. It was just okay. It was very easy to make and the texture was okay. You have to really stir it after baking it so not to get a weird texture.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- graham cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until blended; set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until just foamy.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold egg white mixture into lime mixture.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and stir well.
- Place in a serving bowl and cover; chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Serve with graham crackers.