Recipe by grandma2969
another recipe made quick with cake mix..I use Duncan Hines deluxe white cake mix...and for the filling..I do use reduced fat condensed milk..to save on calories..and fat..same with cool whip
Top Review by judygray08
Very easy and quick to make. Family loved them. I too put several drops of food coloring making the filling a little darker than need be. Other than that, they turned out great. Thanks Grandma2969 for sharing your recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 19 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 lime slices, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- FOR CRUST:.
- Spread pecans in shallow baking pan --
- Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine pecans, cake mix and melted butter.
- Stir until crumbs form, spread in bottom of ungreased 13x9x2 pan.Press lightly.
- FOR FILLING:.
- Combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and food coloring, if desired, in medium bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread over crust.
- Bake at 350*.for 15 minutes.or until set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate until chilled.about 2 hours.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Top with dollops of whipped topping and lime slices, if desired.