Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a low-carb treat to try for a light summer dessert. I found it in my local newspaper. Cook time is for chilling.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups light sour cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice, divided
- 1 (1 g) packet sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gelatin with boiling water; add 1 teaspoons lime juice. Stir well (2 minutes).
- Refrigerate 30 minutes (this is important to prevent separation).
- After refrigerating, mix 1 cup sour cream into gelatin, using an electric mixer. Pour into 6 serving dishes. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- For the topping: Mix 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoons lime juice and sugar substitute.
- After the gelatin has set, spoon sour cream mixture on top. Refrigerate or serve.