1 hr 10 mins
These are a very refreshing treat to have on a summer day! If you like key lime pie, you will love these!! They are nice for something different as far as cupcakes go:) It is important to have real Key Lime juice, instead of just regular lime juice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 3/4 tablespoons keylime juice
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar on high speed, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. On low speed, add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add vanilla, lime zest, and juice and mix well.
- 3In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. In 5 parts total alternately add dry ingrediants and buttermilk to butter, beginning and ending with dry. Mix until just combined.
- 4Line muffin tins with paper and fill each liner about 3/4 full.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes until tops are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completly.
- 6In a small glass bowl, set over a pot of simmering water. Slowly melt white chocolate. Remove and let cool until slightly warm.
- 7In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. On low speed, gradually add confectioners sugar until mixed.
- 8Add salt, vanilla, lime juice, and sour cream and mix well.
- 9Add melted white chocolate and mix just until incorporated.
- 10Frost cupcakes and garnish with grated lime zest. Can refrigerate, but don't have to.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Cupcakes With White Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 89.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: