Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love anything key lime!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups key lime curd
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time and the lime juice, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to butter mixture until well incorporated. Dough should be stiff but not dry.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, press thumb into center of balls to make an indentation, being careful not to press through to the bottom.
- Fill indentations with about 1 tablespoon key lime curd.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.