Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Who can resist this heavenly dessert when it's so easy to make?
- 1 box betty crocker white angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup key lime juice or 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- sliced kiwi fruit (optional)
- sliced strawberry (optional)
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using cold water. Cool cake completely. Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, lime juice and lime peel with wire whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1 cup lime mixture evenly over top of first layer of cake. Place second layer of cake carefully on bottom layer; spread evenly with 1 cup lime mixture. Top with remaining layer of cake.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining lime mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish cake with kiwifruit and strawberries, if desired.