Recipe by SuzanneThePainter
This crisp, cool sandwich is perfect when you want to make something quick and tangy on a hot day.
- 3 cooked chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (dry or moist)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice (you can use regular lime as needed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon key lime zest
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (cleaned and dried)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 pita breads or 6 flat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shredded chicken, coconut, lime juice, lime zest, and onions in a bowl and mix to combine. Leave this covered in the fridge for 20 minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Meanwhile, cut the pitas/flat bread in half, split open and toast lightly.
- Place two slices of tomato, Spinach, mayo, and a 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the toasted pita and enjoy.