Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A tasty chicken dish for summer.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons lightly packed brown sugar
- Marinate chicken in a glass dish with the key lime juice, fresh garlic and ginger-cover and let stand 2 hours turning once.
- Remove chicken and reserve marinade.
- Mix flour, ground ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over med-high.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture and brown in oil.
- Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Pour reserved marinade over chicken along with the broth.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top and bake for 30 minutes in a 375° oven.
- Do not let broth totally evaporate.
- Remove to a serving platter and pour remaining broth over chicken.
This was really tasty. I ended up marinating the chicken overnight and boy what a good flavor the chicken has. Also I lightened up the recipe by using 1/4 cup of oil versus 1 cup and it came out great. If there are any leftovers, I will shread the chicken and use in a fresh salad with a honey dressing. This was very simple to prepare also. YUM!!
Yummy! It's worth the time and effort for this dish. This has become a new family favorite.
We marinated the chicken overnight. The flavor was good, but the "breading" of flour got soggy when we baked it (after browning in oil). Next time, I might skip the flour. Also, we didn't flatten the chicken, and it turned out juicy and tender. If I come up with any improvements next time, I'll comment again!