Recipe by Alskann
I got this recipe off a newsletter I subscribe to, it is easy to make and oh so yummy!
- 1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs, 15 cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 key limes (1 tablespoon peels,grated, juice reserved)
- 10 ounces frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs with butter and
- press into bottom of 9 inch spring
- form pan. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs,one at a time, blending until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until edges are somewhat firm and center jiggles slightly when pan is moved.
- Turn oven off and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with door open slightly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Refrigerate over night or up to 3 days.
- For Sauce:.
- Drain raspberries, reserving syrup.
- Add water to syrup to make 1/2 of a cup.
- Combine syrup mixture and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix well.
- Add jelly and simmer over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring until thickened and clear. Stir in raspberries.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Serve cheesecake with sauce over top.