Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are very delicious and so easy to make, they are great to serve at a holiday get-togethers, just cut into small squares and serve in tiny decorated muffin-like papers, these freeze well so you can make ahead for the holidays :)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (use more for a stronger lime taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- green food coloring (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease a 8-inch square cake pan.
- FOR CRUST: Combine flour, sugar and almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press firmly in to prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- FOR FILLING: Beat all ingredients together at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly over prepared crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool on rack.
- Chill before cutting into small squares.
These are really awesome. I am a huge lime fan, and a huge cheesecake fan, so the best of both worlds combine here! I actually used 8 oz. fat free cream cheese in addition to 3 oz. regular cream cheese, and it turned out fine. The crust is fantastic. Another great recipe; thanks, Kittencal!
This was so good. I got lots of compliments! I used 5 Tbsp. of lime juice, so I had to bake it just a little longer to get it to set. Also added green food color to make it fun for the kids. Thanks for this yummy recipe!
These squares turned out good. The only thing for me was that there wasn't enough lime taste. Next time I will use more lime (maybe even some lemon). I also used a 4oz more cream cheese and still think it could have used more. Overall this recipe tasted very good and was extremely easy and fast to make. Thanks for the recipe!