Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are very delicious and so easy to make, they are great to serve at a holiday get-togethers, just cut into small squares and serve in tiny decorated muffin-like papers, these freeze well so you can make ahead for the holidays :)
Top Review by bricookie55
These are really awesome. I am a huge lime fan, and a huge cheesecake fan, so the best of both worlds combine here! I actually used 8 oz. fat free cream cheese in addition to 3 oz. regular cream cheese, and it turned out fine. The crust is fantastic. Another great recipe; thanks, Kittencal!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (use more for a stronger lime taste)
- 2 -4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease a 8-inch square cake pan.
- FOR CRUST: Combine flour, sugar and almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press firmly in to prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- FOR FILLING: Beat all ingredients together at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly over prepared crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool on rack.
- Chill before cutting into small squares.