1/2 Photos of Key Lime Cheesecake Squares
1 hr 10 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is a delightful and refreshing dessert. I found a recipe 15 years ago that is similar to mine, but I modified it to have a very good blend between the lime juice and sugar. My crust enhances the taste of the cheesecake.
My Private Note
one and ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup crushed graham wafers or 1/2 cup crushed graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers or 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almond
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine graham wafer crumbs, vanilla wafer crumbs and ground almonds.
- 4Cut in butter using a pastry blender or a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- 5Prepare a 9 inch x 9 inch oven-proof casserole dish by spraying inside with a vegetable spray.
- 6Press wafer mixture firmly in bottom of casserole dish.
- 7Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 15 minutes.
- 9In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- 10Add lime juice, grated lime zest and tapioca starch and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 11Spread mixture evenly over baked crust.
- 12Return to oven and bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares to serve.
- 15If desired, decorate top of cheesecake with pieces of lime or halved small fresh strawberries or quartered maraschino cherries (red and green).
- 16You can also use regular lime juice or use bottled key lime juice.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Cheesecake Squares
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: