Key lime pie gets a rich new interpretation as a cheesecake trying to make it healthier by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese and without compromising the taste. Enjoy FOR OREO CHEESECAKE VERSION ADD ABOUT 10-15 BROKEN OREO COOKIES, AND 1 TBSP OF VANILLA TO BATTER AND OMIT LIME JUICE AND ZEST. FOR CRUST PLACE 10-15 OREO COOKIES IN FOOD PROCESSOR AND USE INSTEAD OF VANILLA WAFERS.
- Heat oven to 325°F In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform or cheesecake pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar and at low speed incorporate the eggs. Blend until smooth. Add lime peel and juice.
- Pour into crust lined pan.
- Bake at 325F for 55 to 65 minutes or until set. Turn oven off and and open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake set for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.