Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you love Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake you will absolutely LOVE this cheesecake! It disappears quickly.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter. Press into bottom and partially up sides of 9inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, lime peel and cornstarch until smooth and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in eggs ione at a time, just until smooth.
- Add key lime juice with mixer on low. Finish mixing byhand. Do not overbeat or cake will crack during baking. Pour batter into cooled prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until set. To minimize cracking, place a shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack during baking.
- When cheesecake is set turn oven off and let stand in oven for 30 minutes with door slightly open.
- Refrigerate overnight.
I made this wonderful cheesecake for dessert with Christmas Eve dinner. I spread the top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. It not only looked festive, it tasted terrific. Loved everything about it.