Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe online, but I haven't been able to find it, again, to thank the submitter. I've taken the commercially prepared mix cheese ball to several functions, but my friends liked this one just as much, if not more, and it's a lot cheaper!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin (dry)
- 3 tablespoons key lime zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs, finely crushed
- Using a mixer, mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Roll into a ball and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firmer.
- Roll ball into crumbs.
- Serve with a variety of vanilla wafers, gingersnaps, graham crackers or sticks, or shortbread cookies.
Recipe as it stands, doesn't work. So, I only added 1/3 of the lime jello package, skipped the butter, and added 1/3 cup sugar as well as a tsp vanilla. This is the real deal. Delicious! I like to eat it with Teddy Grahams.
I followed the changes made by MNCupcake and it turned out PERFECTLY! (4 STARS only because it needs the changes MNCupcake listed) I also used several drops of lime juice, you can use more or none depending on how tart you want it to be.
this is a great recipe, family loved it.........thanks