Recipe by Brandess
Prep time does include the 2 hour refrigeration time. This is a fabulous recipe that I adapted from a key lime cheesecake recipe so I could serve a key lime cheese ball. NO more using that icky key lime powdered mix or jell-o! I serve cinnamon graham crackers, croissant and pound cake with this lovely creation. I have also served oven baked flour tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. RECIPE HAS BEEN EDITED TO REFLECT THE CORRECT INGREDIENT AMOUNTS WHICH LED TO THE FIRST 2 POSTERS CHEESE BALL NOT FORMING A BALL.
Top Review by lizzyG
The Taste of this recipe was terrific!!! However, it would not form a cheeseball. I chilled it for 24 hours or more and it was still too soft to form into a ball. I topped it with crushed graham crackers and served it like a dip. It disappointed me. I really wanted to serve in the cheeseball form. I have discovered adding one pack of unflavored gelatin to the recipe allows you to make this into a ball.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker (coarsely crushed cinnamon flavor)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest (grated )
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours until ball is solid.
- Remove cheese ball from the fridge and roll in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with extra cinnamon graham crackers, baked croissants and pound cake.