Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Prep time does include the 2 hour refrigeration time. This is a fabulous recipe that I adapted from a key lime cheesecake recipe so I could serve a key lime cheese ball. NO more using that icky key lime powdered mix or jell-o! I serve cinnamon graham crackers, croissant and pound cake with this lovely creation. I have also served oven baked flour tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. RECIPE HAS BEEN EDITED TO REFLECT THE CORRECT INGREDIENT AMOUNTS WHICH LED TO THE FIRST 2 POSTERS CHEESE BALL NOT FORMING A BALL.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker (coarsely crushed cinnamon flavor)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest (grated )
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours until ball is solid.
- Remove cheese ball from the fridge and roll in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve with extra cinnamon graham crackers, baked croissants and pound cake.
The Taste of this recipe was terrific!!! However, it would not form a cheeseball. I chilled it for 24 hours or more and it was still too soft to form into a ball. I topped it with crushed graham crackers and served it like a dip. It disappointed me. I really wanted to serve in the cheeseball form. I have discovered adding one pack of unflavored gelatin to the recipe allows you to make this into a ball.
I have made this several times, and everywhere I take this it is a huge hit. I sprinkle (appx. 1 T) lime jello in the mixture before I form into a ball. I wrap in plastic and place in the freezer until set. Forms a lovely ball. I then roll in graham crackers.
This recipe is a real crowd pleaser! They way I got around the softness is to add more of the graham cracker into the cream cheese ball mix itself. This kept it together and was able to form the ball that stays. I still only use the 2 8oz pkgs of cream cheese this way.