1 hr 25 mins
Chef #1567399's Note:
This cake has a tart and sweet flavor. A local restaurant called the "Pink House" shared their recipe in our local newspaper and it is yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour three 9-Inch round cake pans.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mix the gelatin, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to mix well.
- 4Add the eggs, oil, orange juice, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 5Divide the batter evenly among the three pans and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 6Test for doneness by lightly touching the tops of the layers or inserting a toothpick.
- 7Cool the layers in the pans for 5 minutes then turn them out onto racks.
- 8While the layers are still hot mix the lime juice and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and pour it over the layers on the racks.
- 9You can pierce the layers with a fork to allow the glaze to soak in better.
- 10Allow the layers to cool completely as you prepare the icing.
- 11For the icing Cream the butter and cream cheese.
- 12Beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
- 13Spread the icing between the layers and on the top and sides of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Cake (Three Layers)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1156.6
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.8 mg
- Sodium 608.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 107.9 g
- Protein 10.4 g