Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Subtle yet distinctive, the difference between Key Lime juice and regular lime juice comes through in this delicious cake. Because of its pale green color, this cake resembles a lemon cake...unless you add a few drops of green food color to the cake or glaze! The recipe came from a local paper years ago. My mile high altitude requires a longer cooking time, so you may have to adjust the timing on this.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (Nellie's and Joe's)
- key lime juice, is available in most supermarkets along with the juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, water, lime juice and oil; beat two minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, stirring down sides occasionally.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan; bake in preheated oven as directed on box.
- Cool cake in pan for ten minutes, remove from pan.
- When cool, drizzle with glaze.
- For Glaze: combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup Key Lime juice in mixer bowl; blend thoroughly.
Great recipe! It wasn't hard to decide whether or not to give this recipe a 5-Star rating. It was sweet and tart. It had a slight sour taste in the icing, but was great! Definitely will make again!
My coworkers loved it.
Good and easy! The key limes took the most time but it turned out great!