Subtle yet distinctive, the difference between Key Lime juice and regular lime juice comes through in this delicious cake. Because of its pale green color, this cake resembles a lemon cake...unless you add a few drops of green food color to the cake or glaze! The recipe came from a local paper years ago. My mile high altitude requires a longer cooking time, so you may have to adjust the timing on this.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (Nellie's and Joe's)
- key lime juice, is available in most supermarkets along with the juice
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, water, lime juice and oil; beat two minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, stirring down sides occasionally.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan; bake in preheated oven as directed on box.
- Cool cake in pan for ten minutes, remove from pan.
- When cool, drizzle with glaze.
- For Glaze: combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup Key Lime juice in mixer bowl; blend thoroughly.