1/3 Photos of Key Lime Cake
Subtle yet distinctive, the difference between Key Lime juice and regular lime juice comes through in this delicious cake. Because of its pale green color, this cake resembles a lemon cake...unless you add a few drops of green food color to the cake or glaze! The recipe came from a local paper years ago. My mile high altitude requires a longer cooking time, so you may have to adjust the timing on this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (Nellie's and Joe's)
- key lime juice, is available in most supermarkets along with the juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, water, lime juice and oil; beat two minutes at medium speed of an electric mixer, stirring down sides occasionally.
- 4Pour batter into prepared bundt pan; bake in preheated oven as directed on box.
- 5Cool cake in pan for ten minutes, remove from pan.
- 6When cool, drizzle with glaze.
- 7For Glaze: combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup Key Lime juice in mixer bowl; blend thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Cake
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g