Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker's mother who lives in Alabama. It is a refreshing cake that is a big hit everytime I make it! It is very easy to prepare and the results are amazing! The cake usually takes a little longer in a 13x9 pan and the outside of the cake will brown just a bit. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (1/3 ounce) packagejell-o sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil or 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix cake mix, jello, oil, eggs, and orange juice.
- Beat 3 minute at medium speed.
- Pour into 3 greased cake pans or 13x9 greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minute for cake pans and 35-40 minute for 13x9.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and lime juice.
- Pour over warm layers or 13x9 cake.
- Mix sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla and cream together with mixer.
- Frost cake when cooled and enjoy!
I have a question.... I just made this but into cupcakes. They are cooling so I have not yet tried these. It calls for 1 1/3 oz. of lime jello. Is that really the amount? Mine are NOT green at all! Or is it the 3 oz packet of Jello? Someone is asking for these for their wedding and i'm doing a trial run and not real sure of the color they are! They look like yellow cake :(
Cake and glaze were very good - frosting was way too sweet. Next time I will make a different frosting.
This was delicious ! It was tart and the icing was sweet. I made it in a 9 x 13 baking dish. My husband and I loved it. Definitely a keeper.