Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with Key lime juice, 1 tablespoons at a time, and 1 tablespoons milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Beat in up to 1 tablespoons additional milk for desired consistency.
Amazinggggg frosting! Went GREAT with my coconut cupcakes!
Excellent Key Lime Frosting. I piped the frosting onto mini key lime cupcakes and sprinkled then with lime zest. They were a big hit!
Very good, tasty frosting. I used it on Thrown-Together Chocolate Cake. I did need the full 2 tablespoons milk to bring this up to spreading consistency. Thanks for posting!