Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is not a beurre blanc as there is no cream in a beurre blanc. It is a delicious butter sauce though! I serve it with seared scallops, spinach, jasmine rice, also a red pepper sauce.
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 large shallots, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Reduce the vinegar, wine, keylime juice, shallots, salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce by half.
- Cool the mixture to 140°F.
- Place the saucepan with the reduced mixture over extremely low heat and whisk in the butter tablespoon by tablespoon, whisking vigorously the entire time.
- Strain the sauce.
- Keep warm until ready to serve - do not allow the sauce to boil or it will separate.