Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here's a great Key Lime bar for us Parrotheads! ENJOY!!!
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml confectioners' sugar (or Splenda)
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml key lime juice, plus
- 29.58 ml key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar (or Splenda)
- 44.37 ml flour
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Just remember to line the pan with foil and leave an overhang, this will make it easier to remove the whole thing and cut them.
- In food processor combine sugars, and butter.
- Pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Add 1 cup flour and pulse a few times more to pebbly consistency.
- Press mixture over bottom of a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 20 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Combine lime juice, eggs, sugar and flour.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium until slightly frothy.
- Pour over cooled crust and return to oven until filling is set about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in pan.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
This recipe was part of my St. Patrick's Day menu and in honor of such the filling was tinted green. A combination of Splenda granular and sugar were used. The crust took about 10 to 15 minutes more than the stated 20 to begin to brown. The bars have a nice tartness.