Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
a light, refreshing summer treat
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (3 or 4 regular limes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cracker crumbs with brown sugar. Lay a sheet of foil in a 8 x 8 square baking pan, with the sides overhanging the edges. Tuck sides under. Spray foil-lined base with butter-favored cooking spray.
- Press crumb mixture into pan. Briefly spray cooking spray on top, and press again.
- In a medium bowl, beat light cream cheese until softened. Add lime zest and condensed milk. Beat until smooth. Add lime juice and beat until well blended.
- Pour lime mixture on to crumb base. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is just set and edges pull away a little. Allow to cool. Chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into 16 bars.
These were a great light and tasty low-fat treat! The crust was a little crumbly. The flavor was not too sweet, which I prefer. I will definitely be making these again.