Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love lime and these are tasty. For a triple lime zap mix confectioners sugar with more key lime juice and drizzle on the cooled bars before you dust with confectioners sugar.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 177.44 ml butter, room temp
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml key lime juice
- 4 large eggs
- lime zest (, no white please)
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix together 1 1/4 cups flour, graham cracker crumbs, butter and confectioners sugar to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat together the sugar, lime juice, remaining 1/4 cup flour, eggs, and lime peel until well mixed.
- Pour over the hot crust and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake until set, around 20 minutes or so.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- These freeze well.
Shazam!! These are outstanding. They have a killer lime flavor. I drizzled with lime-powdered sugar glaze as you suggested. That is definitely the way to go. Very addicting. These have a perfect sweet-tart flavor. Thanks Diana. My whole family enjoyed these.
Oh yeah!! Major pucker power here. I made these for the holiday festivities. I did as you suggested and topped with powdered sugar/lime glaze before dusting with powdered sugar. AWESOME!! Big hit with my family and guests. Thanks.
Diana, I couldn't give this recipe anything less than 5 stars! A truly delicious treat with every scrumptious bite! This recipe is very close to my own Lemon Squares. If I were to add 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut to the crust, I'm not sure I could tell the difference in taste! Thanks for a real winner, Diana!