Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons key lime juice
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Combine the condensed milk, Key lime juice, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the grated coconut and then the sugar.
- If using sweetened coconut, taste the mixture before adding the sugar.
- Add the sugar only if you think it is necessary.
- The cookie should have a tangy flavor from the Key lime juice.
- Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between between each cookie.
- They will spread while baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes until they just start to turn golden.
- Remove from the pan to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Thses had a wonderful lime flavor to them. They were sort of tart(maybe not enough sugar) but for the true lime lover they are great. A little sticky and hard to remove from the tray without destroying the shape. Will definetly make again.