Recipe by kiwidutch
Yummy!!! Perfect for summer. Cooks Note: Long cooking time is for chilling. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
I made this awhile ago and thought I had written a review, but only just realised there is none posted. I found this to be exceptional, the flavour was awesome and I had no trouble with the pie staying in shape when cut as you can see from the photo. You had listed that it would last in the fridge for 3 days, there are only 3 of us in our family and it only lasted a day and a half. We all loved it, I will definitely be making this again. Yum!Yum!Yum!Yum!!!! I think you get my drift. Thanks for sharing
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and cool slightly. In medium bowl, combine butter and crumbs. With your fingers, press crust into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 5 minutes. Set on rack to cool.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer until very creamy. Slowly add condensed milk in a steady stream, beating until well-incorporated and scraping sides of bowl several times. Add lime juice and vanilla, mixing well. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Just before serving, whip cream with sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over filling. Let pie sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Pie can be kept in refrigerator for up to 3 days.