Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One Word... YUM! Ok what in the heck is kewra essence you ask... Well Kewra Essence: Is a concentrated oil used to flavor meats, desserts, and beverages in India and Southeast Asia. You can find this in Indian and Asian shops.
- 1 quart milk
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 100 g sugar
- 3 -5 saffron strands
- 5 -6 drops kewra essence
- 25 g lightly crushed pistachio nuts
- Heat the milk in a large sauce pan, until it reduces to half.
- Add grounded cardamom, strands of saffron, Kewra essence, sugar& nuts.
- Boil until the milk thickens.
- Allow it to cool and then pour into an ice cream mould.
- Top with the remaining pistachio nuts and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours.