Recipe by lunaburning
I love Kewpie mayonnaise, but can't find it in my hometown. I've tried my best to duplicate it, and this is what I've come up with.
Top Review by animekenji
Lars is correct that Kewpie mayo uses only egg yolks and not whole eggs but the vinegar is wrong. Kewpie uses a blend of apple cider and malt vinegar. The proportions are secret so you'll have to experiment until you get it right.
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- use two egg yolks instead of one egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack egg into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add salt and sugar, and process until well combined.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until all is incorporated.
- With the machine running, add the rice vinegar.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour, before ready to use.