1 hr 30 mins
A rich delicious recipe with lots of flavor and a little spicy Kick. A baked Macaroni like none you've had before. My husband is famous for this macaroni. Its a bit of work but worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 2 pinches of salt to Large pot of water. Bring water to a boil and add macoroni to pot. Boil until tender.
- 2Strain macaroni and place back in pot, add Butter and stir macaroni until butter melts.
- 3Stir in 1 1/2 bags cheese slowly so it stirs evenly (reserve 1/2 for topping).
- 4Add paprika, black pepper, onion, bell pepper and 1/2 of diced habanero. stir well until cheese is melted and blended.
- 5Beat eggs lightly and stir into mixture.
- 6Slowly add evaporated milk to pot about half a cup at a time. Stir well and then spread evenly into a large prepared baking pan about 13 x 9.
- 7Top with remainder of cheese and loosely cover with foil.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until top is a golden color.
- 9Allow macaroni to cool for 45-50 minutes until room temperature THIS IS ESSENTIAL! this macaroni is cut into squares to serve not scooped so it has to cool. It can be reheated to eat warm but has to cool at 1st to set.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kev's Bahamian Baked Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.4
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 605.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g