Recipe by Kevin Bradley
Good recipe if time is a problem.
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks for another great recipe Kevin! We had this for dinner tonight. I used boned, skinless chicken thighs (personal preference) and I found with rice, and Mini's Kachoomar Must Must Salad, the 800g of fillets I bought were more than enough for 4 hearty serves. I cooked the dish for 30 minutes, took it out, and found the chicken in the centre still quite underdone. I would recommend stirring the dish (as I did) and cooking it for about 10 more minutes (40 in total). Still, an easy, extremely tasty dish that even our non-curry eater tried and gave the thumbs-up!
- 1 kg diced chicken breast
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 50 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet mango chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in ovenproof dish and leave to one side.
- Gently fry onion in the butter until softened.
- Put onion and remaining ingredients in a food processor and process to a smooth sauce, adding a little water if necessary to give a consistency of thick cream.
- Pour sauce over chicken, cover then cook in oven at 200c for 15 mins until chicken is tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander then serve with boiled rice and warm Indian breads.