Recipe by Marley
When my old roommate made these, we almost used to fight over who got the last one. They are light, fluffy and dead easy! Naturally, the cooking time varies, depending on the size of your pan or griddle.
Top Review by Kathleen's Kitchen
DELICIOUS!! Thanks Marley - you have improved the quality of my Saturday morning brunches for me and Al! These pancakes were so light and fluffy, and rose up nice and thick too! I added fresh blueberries - YUM! I soured my milk by adding a couple tablespoons of lemon juice to the milk (I use soya milk) and it worked out fine! They cooked quicker than the boring old mixes, so I just watched carefully. Thanks - you must be a wonderful person! Kathleen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, stir together all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in centre of dry ingredients.
- Dump wet ingredients into the well and stir together until just combined.
- A few small lumps in the batter are okay.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measures.
- Fry about 2 1/2 minutes, until edges are dry and bubbles are just starting to form.
- Flip and fry other side about 2 minutes.