Recipe by Kevin Bradley
Quite a dry curry so don't eat with rice. Fabulous with Parathas stuffed with vegetables or just ordinary Chappatis.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Kevin!! What an amazing finger-licking delicious recipe this one is!! I made it for lunch this afternoon. I doubled the recipe as I had a 1kg 200gms whole chicken with me which I cut into bite-sized pieces and then proceeded with your fantastic recipe. The only extra ingredient I added was 2 1/2 tsps. of turmeric powder to change the colour basically. I used 1/2 cup of ginger paste(assuming that 'pulped' ginger meant basically ginger paste). The chicken was ready within no time and that was really appreciated by all who enjoyed it. Served it with chappatis and they were so happy. Thank You, Kevin!
- 1⁄2 kg diced chicken breast
- 1⁄4 kg tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 spring onions
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons pulped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicked in karahi or wok and cook in own juices over low heat for 10 mins, stirring now and then.
- Add tomatoes, chilli powder,spring onions, green chillies and salt then cook uncovered over medium heat for 15 to 20 mins until moisture has almost evaporated.
- In another small pan heat the oil and fry the cummin seeds until they begin to turn pink then add the ginger and garlic.
- Continue to cook for another minute.
- Add this mixture to the chicken along with most of the chopped coriander and mix well together.
- Simmer for 5- 7 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with the remaining coriander along with warm Indian breads.