Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe comes from my uncle Kevin he takes it to Glamis every year and it is always a big hit with the moter heads. For this recipe you will need a spring form pan. When baking this recipe you should not open the oven door till it is complete Also it must be exactly 1/4 cup leveled off flour or it dose not turn out good.
- Lay butter and cream cheese out for a hour or so till they are nice and soft.
- Put a pan of water on the bottom shelf of your oven.
- Preheat Oven to 450° Degrees.
- Mix gram cracker crumbs with the softened 4 tablespoons of butter and the 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan and about half way up the sides.
- In a large bowl mix the 4 8oz packages of softened cream cheese and the 1 1/2 cups of sugar until smooth. Then mix in the 3/4 cup of whole milk until smooth. Then mix in the 4 eggs 1 egg at a time mix just enough to incorporate then add the next egg and so on. Then mix in the 1 1/8 Cups sour cream the flour the 1 1/8 table spoon pure vanilla extract the juice from 1/2 of a lemon and mix till smooth.
- Pour the cheese cake mixture into the spring form pan.
- Put the spring form pan on the top shelf of the oven and bake at 450° degrees for 10 minutes. Do not open the oven door.
- Turn the temperature of the oven down to 250° degrees and bake for another 1 hour and 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheese cake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate it overnight.
- Enjoy :P.
We have had the opportunity to taste this cheesecake several times and it is by far the Best we've ever had. Its not to sweet and not to tart. Its a perfect balance of flavor and the amazing soft texture sends you back for more. Unbelievable!