Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious vegetarian starter or anytime snack.
- 400 g potatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Peel and dice potatoes then boil until tender.
- Meanwhile mix together lemon juice,mint salt and onion and set to one side.
- Mash potatoes so that they are still a little lumpy then blend in the ground coriander, cummin seeds, chilli powder, green chillies and chopped coriander.
- Divide mixture into 8 then roll into balls.
- Make an indentation in each ball and fill with a little of the mint and onion mixture.
- Cover the dent then press each ball into a flat patty Whisk and season the egg and dip the patties into it before frying them in the oil.
- Serve with a mixed salad and Kevin's Mint Yogurt Sauce.