Recipe by Kevin Bradley
Great as a main dish for 2 or as a side dish for up to 4
Top Review by JustJanS
This is similar to a dish that I posted, but since I can't review my own recipe, thought we would try Kevin's. This recipe has more spices, and we loved the addition of ginger, so I guess we are converted! Thanks Kevin.
- 1⁄2 kg waxy potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, pulp
- 1 -2 chile, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 kg cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes then drain.
- Heat oil in a karahi or wok, add onion and ginger then cook until onion is golden brown.
- Add chillies, mustard seeds, cummin seeds, ground cummin and turmeric then cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower, stirring to coat all the pieces in the mixture, add salt and water then cover and cook gently until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve as a main dish with warm Indian breads or as a side dish with a meat curry.