Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I came across the Amazon blog Al Dente's recipe for Popcorn Cookies, which were not only completely whole grain but vegan! I had a few problems getting the mixture originally posted to come together into anything other than sandy crumbs, so I modified along the way until I was rewarded with a sticky batter ready for the pan. I played around by using a mixture of raw sugar, Krisda's stevia baking blend and Nature's Agave delicious, rich amber agave syrup as well.
- 5 cups popped popcorn (kettle corn style)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons stevia, baking blend
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and run the machine until a dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on parchment or silicone lined cookie sheets (5 per sheet).
- Bake 12 minutes and cool completely on the sheets.