Recipe by MsSally
My dd loves popcorn and some night she asks for sweet corn. This is how I do it. Very simple and so yummy.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was so fast and easy to make; the first time I have made popcorn on the stove too!! It had a great salty/sweet flavor and was a perfect afternoon snack. Made for 2011 Best of Cookbook Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour oil and butter into a med sized pot with lid. Put on med high heat till butter is melted.
- Stir in sugar and popcorn and cover.
- When corn begins to pop, using potholders, shake every few minutes with top on.
- When pan is full, carefully pour off the popped corn into a bowl. Using the lid, open pan partially and scraping off popped corn with lid.
- You may wish to put pan back on oven to pop the rest of corn. Be carefull to remove from heat when the corn stops popping or it will burn.
- Sprinkle cooked corn with salt to taste and enjoy.