ROV Chef's Note:
This is a variation of Alton Brown's microwave popcorn recipe. You will need a brown paper lunch bag, a stapler, two staples from said stapler, and the cajones to do something you have been told to never do. Put metal in the microwave box of death! I promise that if you only use TWO NORMAL size staples, your microwave wont blow up, catch fire, or send you back in time so you could accidentally become your own grandparent.The wavelength of a microwave is larger than a average staple, so it wont spark, but it will get really freaking hot, so be careful. Oh, it taste great .
My Private Note
cups po ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix everything in a small bowl.
- 2pour everything into the small brown paper bag.
- 3fold top over twice. (Maybe three times if you have the larger size lunch bags).
- 4put two staples through fold at least two inches apart.
- 5Microwave on high for at least two minutes. You may have to play around with the time a little. If you microwave has a "popcorn" button, try that, but listen for when the popping slows down.
- 6when it's done, carefully open the bag, watching for the steam, and dump into a bowl. The bag will be an oily mess, so you don't want to eat out of it.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kettle Corn (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g