Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am a kettle corn-lover! There is nothing more enticing than the smell of it being made at a fair. Although I enjoy "real" kettle corn as a treat at a carnival or on vacation, I crave it at home. To avoid all of the extra fat and calories of using oil, I have created my own delicious recipe! :)
- 2 quarts air-popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon popcorn salt
- 4 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute
- cooking spray
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Spray the popcorn with cooking and/or butter spray.
- Add salt. (Use more or less, if desired.).
- Add Splenda or Equal. (Use more or less, if desired.).
- Give the bowl a couple of good shakes to mix it.
I can enjoy kettle corn without guilt. I'm the only one in the fam who likes kettle corn - and now enjoy a couple cups without popping the whole batch in sugar/salt as most of the other recipes require. Love it!
I love this, usually use Splenda.