Recipe by Tomaso Basso
I love granola in the morning, but wanted to reduce the carbs, so I took a seek cracker recipe and tweaked it to create a very tasty, satisfying granola. I serve it with berries and natural yogurt for a great low carb breakfast.
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon psyllium, husk powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons monkfruit artificial sweetener
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F.
- Combine water and coconut and microwave until oil is melted and water is boiling.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Add vanilla to hot water/oil mixture.
- Pour hot liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring as you pour.
- When mixed, turn out on a high sided non-stick pan and place in oven.
- Cook for 90 minute, stirring every 15 minutes and breaking up large clumps.
- When golden colored, remove and let cool on a rack.
- Serve with berries and full fat plain yogurt for a low carb, keto breakfast.