Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a traditional Chinese dish that I learnt from my mother. It's easy to toss together and very delicious.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp (unshelled)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fry garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Add prawns/shrimps (unshelled, but personal preference) and lightly sear until they start to redden.
- Combine tomato ketchup and water, mix well and add to prawns, stirring constantly.
- Once prawns/shrimps curl and is just about cooked, beat egg and add in.
- Stir and serve when egg is cooked.
Very disappointing... One star for easy preparation.2nd star because the cat ate it after I washed all the sauce off. Something I will definitely not try again
My auntie made something like this during Chinese New Year! She added sambal chili and didn't have any egg nor water, so the sauce was really thick and yummy with rice. Also, she fried it with a lot of garlic (I think I saw an entire mountain on the chopping board). Thank you for posting the recipe:D
Great dish!! I added in some chilli sauce as well to give it a little spice...Was really great...Now I wish I knew how to make those deep fried buns they sometimes serve in chinese restaurant to go with this dish......