This is a great marinade for barbecuing, since you don't have to add anything while the steak or chicken is cooking, but it gets a great barbecue sauce flavour.
- Dice onion very finely.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Pour over chicken or steak.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and cook on barbecue to desired doneness.
- Pour marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until fairly thick.
- Serve warm sauce on the side.