Recipe by momthecook #2
This is a great marinade for barbecuing, since you don't have to add anything while the steak or chicken is cooking, but it gets a great barbecue sauce flavour.
Top Review by Caroline L.
As a mother of kids who can't live without ketchup...this was a huge hit! Instead of grilling, I doubled the recipe and pored the marinade and chicken into a 9x13 dish and baked it at 400 for 30 minutes. My kids used it as dipping sauce and slathered it on their potatoes. Lol!
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion very finely.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Pour over chicken or steak.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and cook on barbecue to desired doneness.
- Pour marinade into a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until fairly thick.
- Serve warm sauce on the side.