Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I dont remember where I found this recipe some weeks back. I made these last night and they were gone this evening! Nobody could believe that the cooking time of this recipe is just 5 minutes. But, it is! These delights are real delights. Hope all of you give this a try!
- 500 g khoya, grated
- 4 green cardamoms, ground in a mixer (discard the skins and grind the rest of it that's inside the cardamoms)
- 3 -5 saffron strands
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 12 cashews, ground in a mixer
- 10 plain pistachios, ground in a mixer
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- ghee, to grease the microwave-proof dish
- edible silver foil, for garnishing (silver warq)
- Combine all the ingredients except the edible silver foil in a flat, greased microwave dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Flatten with a greased knife.
- Garnish with edible silver foil.
- Set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Cover the dish with a transparent cling-film wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- On the afternoon that follows, cut the barfi into desired shapes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and serve as desired.
- Note: Mawa can be substituted for khoya in this recipe.