Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
An Indian dish
- 1 cup rava (semolina)
- 1 cup banana (small pieces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 pieces cashew nuts
- 3 pieces pista (pistachio)
- raisins (a handful)
- 1 pinch saffron
- Put Rava, Bananas, Sugar, Milk in a saucepan.
- Wait for a while till it gets sufficiently heated.
- Continue stirring until the rava is cooked. (all the milk and ghee will have been absorbed and the banana is completely incorporated- It could take about 20 minutes).
- Fry cashew, raisins and pista in ghee and add it to the above.
- Add Saffron [ Saffron immersed in 1 tbsp milk ].
For those of you who do not know what "Rava" is, use cream of wheat or samolina in place. Is this correct (author)?